Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hello everyone! For those of you who do not know me, my name is Kate. I have a wonderful husband, Mike, who I married in 1999. Mike and I also have a beautiful 2 1/2-year-old daughter, Emily, who is the light of our lives. The reason why I decided to start this blog is that Mike and I have begun a very special journey. We have begun the adoption process to bring home our baby girl from China (and much-awaited baby sister for Emily!).....hopefully by the end of next year (2007), as the process takes about a year or so.
Originally, it was our plan to adopt from Russia...but, after some serious consideration and research, we decided to switch gears and head to China instead. So, here is where we are.....We officially applied to the adoption agency yesterday (7/11/06)....woohoooo!!!! We have the first draft of our homestudy done, but the social worker needs to visit us at home one more time (as China requires one extra visit vs. Russia). So, the next step is to gather all kinds of documents to be compiled into our dossier (which goes to China). We also have to apply to immigration to get fingerprinted and to gain the U.S. government's approval to adopt.

No comments: