Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ok, only 97 hours until we leave for the airport and I am totally freaking out!!!! "Excited" does not even come close to describing how we are feeling right now!!! I honestly have no idea how I am supposed to get any sleep between now and then. By this time next week, Abigail will be in our arms. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhh! I don't know exactly how to describe the energy in our household...I guess very excited plus a little nervous and a touch of paranoia (about what, we don't exactly know). I think we just really want everything to go smoothly. We have to be so diligent to make sure that we bring every last form that is needed in China plus necessary copies. I am just so afraid of forgetting something.

Anyway, on a positive note...here is our official travel itinerary:

May 1- Thurs- Departure- The beginning of our journey, although, technically we will
be leaving for the airport in the middle of the night on Wednesday night

May 2- Fri- Arrive in Beijing and go to our hotel, meet up with adoption travel group

May 3- Sat- Sightseeing (The Great Wall)

May 4- Sun- Sightseeing (Forbidden City / Tian An Men Square)
Depart for Nanchang (in Abigail's province of Jiangxi)

May 5- Mon- Nanchang/ Meet your child! Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! Registration, adoption
paperwork at Civil Affairs. Applying for Abigail's passport.

May 6- Tues- Notary

May 7- Wed- Sightseeing/ waiting for paperwork to be processed

May 8- Thurs- Rest/ Sightseeing/ waiting for paperwork to be processed

May 9- Fri- Receive passport, Depart Nanchang for Guangzhou (in Guangdong Province)

May 10- Sat- Visa Physical for Abigail

May 11- Sun- Sightseeing

May 12- Mon- Visa Interview at US Consulate

May 13- Tues- Take oath and receive visas

May 14- Wed- Leave Guanzhou for Hong Kong and US

So, as you can see, it will be an action-packed 2 weeks! :) I can't wait!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Hi Kate,
I could copy and paste your post into my blog - LOL. We feel the same way. I'm excited to meet you and your family in CHINA!

Not long now!

Kim