Friday, June 24, 2011

Here We Go Again (x 2!)

I know, I know. It has been a while. For those of you who lost hope that I would ever blog again, well..surprise! :)

Mike and I (and Emily, Abby and Dylan) are so incredibly excited to tell all of you that we are leaving tomorrow morning for China. It is finally almost time to meet our boys!!!

A little background story....

Last Spring, we were hanging out on our adoption agency's Yahoo group when we learned that they were holding a Hope's Journey camp in Guangdong Province. There was one little boy in particular at the camp who had a smile that melted both of our hearts. Well, to make a long story short, this wonderful little guy is our 5-year-old son, James Hu Jie!




A few months later we learned of another special little guy who the agency had nicknamed "Scotty" at a subsequent camp in Shandong Province. He loves to sing and has a huge personality. :) We are so happy to be traveling to bring home our 7-year-old son, William "Will" Zheng Tong!



Now- about our trip...We are ALL going! I have a feeling that Dylan and I will be making many laps up and down the aisles of the plane. Somehow I don't see an 18 month old staying in one spot for that long.

We are so excited that we are leaving for China in the morning. And this trip will be so special because 1. We will finally be able to meet our two sons and tell them how much we love them and 2. We will be able to visit both orphanages and possibly meet with our sons' foster families on this trip. I am looking forward to meeting and thanking all of those who have loved and taken care of our boys.

We will update the blog as soon as we can and let all of you know that we have arrived safely. Thank you so much for everyone who has been there for us through this wait (which hasn't been THAT long, but yet felt like an eternity!) :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great trip.. wish I could have gotten it together to send a few pics.. but time just got away from me!!!

Enjoy every moment!!
Missy

vicki said...

so excited that you are on your way..safe travels..can't wait to see that you have landed safely, and the boys are with their family!

Once A Mother said...

so excited. give the boys a big hug for us and good luck with the plane trip haha. hope you brought lots of toys with you for D man.

PS I would like to share this blog on my FB b/c I have a lot of friends who are following your story through me. Would that be okay? Let me know xoxox LOVE YOU

Jennifer said...

Safe travel!!!